Wednesday, March 31, 2010

bye Bye Effexor!

I am three days off the Effexor, antidepressant I was on for 15 years. It took 2 months of reductions to get off it. I tried cold turkey and got very sick, spending a whole day sick on the sofa.
I am still adjusting, and anxious to see how I do without it, but it is too soon to know. I tear easily, empathetic tears, no depression. I think the drug contributed to constipation and I have not woken and stayed awake in the middle of the night for two weeks.

All winter I had my nights and days mixed up like a baby. doing well now but have worked hard to get adjusted. Waking between 7 and 8 and going to bed by one am.

The drug went from $90 to $170 in 8 years and I pay cash for it.

I am hoping that it will make a difference in the fibromyalgia. I am always making some kind of adjustments to lifestyle to feel better.

I have taken D-Ribose for several years on and off. It helped but I could not find dossage recommendations till a few days ago. I found a recommendation of 5 g three times a day, so I have been doing that for a couple days now. Once establiushed in the system it is to be cut back. I am very proactive to stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment