Saturday, March 27, 2010

Goodbye Effexor

Finding a drug that gave me my life back from the Bipolar disorder when I was forty years old was a Godsend. Having taken it for 15 years I had reservations about continuing. What is it doing to my body? Do I still need it? It costs $170 a month and I know I will reach a point when I can't afford to pay the price monitarilly.

I tried stopping the drug cold turkey and got very sick. Not one of those drugs that you can do that! So I gradually reduced dosage with the doctor's help from 150mg a day to nothing.
What is going to happen now? What kind of changes will my body go through? Do I need to detoxify my liver?
Enough of that for now.

Yesterday I got some lessons on how to post pictures with captions and got very stressed. I did succeed but have much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment