Thursday, May 27, 2010

Annual sunburn!

So much to do, that I have to remind myself I have all summer to do it!
Last year this time I had Lymes Disease and was very sick, taking 6 weeks to feel real well, making it difficult to do gardening. Plants are all ready to go in the garden and holding well till I have time to get them in the garden. The soil is ready for them.
We have lettuce and spinach ready to eat but the peas grown on the outside garden fence got eaten by the ducks. Duh. No more growing them there.
Planting seeds in the coldframe to start worked very well. I transfered cole crop seedlings to cells to hold and they are doing well except for the slugholes. I had to put pellets (organic of course) out to kill the slugs. I have to stay on the ball and check on all the babies. I was on my way to Master Gardener (MG) job last week and remembered I had left the window down on the coldframe. I was worried but everything was fine, the frame did not get more thatn 80 degrees.
Cleaning up the potting table from the Down to Earth garden club plant sale is taking a little longer than wanted, plants and pots everywhere. We made about $1400 in a day and a half. Hard work last weekend, loading trucks, setting up tables, selling plants, giving advice, packing up and putting everything away. Whew.
I went to the Jefferson Fairgrounds to work on a MG project. We got a nice job on the first flower bed, ready to plant and several tubs planted and ready for our demonstration in July. We worked four hours there is more work there in the weeks to come. Then it was off to the City building, two hours there working on two of the beds. Hence the sunburn. Too much time in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment