Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What a life!

I was not up long when the phone was ringing concerning a problem with the job in the wood shop supporting the floor of the apartment.
My intentions were to work on prom gowns (8 to be altered) when Paul (my brother visiting from Texas) left for NY and visit our brother living there.
Debbie Renner stopped to see about us planting some corn in the newly worked up garden that was Bill and Mildred's old garden 20 yrs ago. So I got the tiller running after I pulled a mouse nest made of duck down out from around the motor. We got rows set up and while Debbie planted five rows of corn I went out to the shop to see how the job was coming along. Ron had jacked up the floor 2 3/4 inches, making progress but what a mess! LOL.
Well I was dirty now and there was no going in to work on gowns so I spent the next hour or so pulling dandelions out of the new garden over at the pond. If I were to let all those seed spread I would really have a mess to deal with later. I rationalized the gardening by telling myself I needed the exersize. Yep.
I finished up in time to go in to the library to be part of an "expert" panel in a gardening program Friends of the Library was putting on at 1 pm. I wore my Master Gardener name tag. Woo Hoo! I was there mostly for moral support to Jan.
I made a mad dash for home thinking I would get some serious sewing done. Not! There was a young woman here that God had sent to me for help with depression. I had a talk with God. "You know I have all this work to do sewing and I know you want me to talk to this woman and help her. So You have to help me get this work done so I don't get stress and sick myself".I think I gave her the support she needs. I sent her home with Bcomplex, Omega three capsules and an audio on fighting negative thinking.
We ate supper and it was still crazy here. I decided to pay a couple bills and balance the checking account when Fred and Linda stopped in, then my 7 oclock appointment got here and left satisfied. Whew.
Well, what do you know. I finally got to working on a couple gowns at 8pm, got two done around 1am.
Now my head is swimming with what I need to do tomarrow.
Praise God for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment