Monday, August 30, 2010

My friend Donna Kuntz

When I was 30 yrs old I started walking "the Horn" after my daughter Daisy got on the bus for school at 8 in the morning every day. I met a lot of people that lived in Rockton and I am so glad I got to know several of the "old timers"
Donna Kuntz was one of those lovely folk who became my friend. Little did I know that my visits to her elderly father would endear me to her at the time. Many days I left my home for a walk depressed, often stopping to chat with Andy for 20 to 30 minutes as he sat outside to enjoy the day. As he got older and his health declined I made an effort to stop at the house and visit for an hour. Donna cared for her dying mother, Andy's wife and then Andy also. She appreceated the time I spent listening to her father's stories and lifting his spirits as there are few people who have time for an old man.
Andy had wonderful histories of the people that lived in Rockton during his lifetime, what it was like delivering mail, how hard it was on him when his baby girl, Donna got polio, the tragedy of his son's suicide, and the heartbreaking loss of Donna's husband during WWII while she was pregnant with their child.
I am gratefull my life was on a common road with Donna Kuntz as she enriched my life and I will miss her loving me.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God brings unsuspecting people into our lives that bless us and love us.

    ReplyDelete