Friday, August 27, 2010

Puttting up veggys

I love having jars of food in the cupboard that we eat. Over the years there have been foods put by that we didn't like or that the recipe didn't pan out. As a consequence, foods that are our favorites or get eatten the most.are what get canned.
Vegetable soup is a two day process and I get about 18 quarts that we enjoy for more than a year. The vegetables need to be ripe at the same time or some have to be bought or begged. This year the only thing I had to buy was the meat and celery and it is delicious, I had one quart that didn't seal that we ate for lunch.
Currently I am working on tomatoes, plain sauce, spaghetti and juice, plain and V8. I have been giving quite a few away because I don't have time to do the canning right away. Howard got the dishwasher (18") installed so I can wash jars in it, YIPPEE.
The glut of veggys is always a "problem" this time of year when time is a challenge to juggle. I took a large box of cabbage, tomatoes, greenbeans and carrots over to the shelter the other day. I am sure the indigent folks there enjoyed the homegrown tomatoes.
There are four wedding gowns and countless dresses associated with those weddings here to work on. I have been to the orthodontist's office (2 hr visits each time) three times in 7 days and as a consequence am feeling stressed to get my own work done. Then there was the depression and inability to deal with stress that I have been trying to get a handle on. On top of that a stressfull friend needed some place to stay till she could get some help. We got her into the shelter for now and hopefully she will get her life back on track.
I am needing some time to do some sewing without calls, folks dropping in and appointments so I can get some sewing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment