Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beef N Barley Soup

About 11 am I thought Edna's family would probably like some lunch to help feed the family that is in for her dad's funeral. What could I put together in a hurry? Well I have quite a few quarts of Beef and barley soup I had canned last summer. I called Edna and asked if I could bring over some soup for lunch and she said she would really appreciate it. There were several family members home and more to come tomarrow, totaling 27 in all.
I heated it up along with some ww rolls and took all over in a crockpot by 11:40. That's when Edna told me Beef and barley soup is her favorite and seldom makes it. A great thing is her little guy can eat it with his allergies. I told him I hope he likes it.
I was giving her daughter a hug when I shared with her that the only food people brought to the house for us was donuts when my grandfather died. We had traveled all that distance and there was no meal after the funeral service, but the counter was covered with donuts.
What an opportunity to love my neighbor and all I had to do was listen to a little voice that suggest I take some lunch over.

No comments:

Post a Comment