Thursday, April 29, 2010

This is the first bed I took over at the City Building in DuBois for the Down To Earth Garden Club. There was a 15" Blue Spruce growing where the Japanese Maple is now. This a bed at the side of the City building. There are three Knockout Roses, not blooming yet but the tulips are beautiful. I am thinking about taking the shrub out at the left. I don't know what it is but it does not add to the bed.
I love doing these gardens but do not understand why I do them. It seems like a craziness.
I am working at making them sustainable, so they look nice with a minimum of care.
I know that the people working in the office that overlook the garden enjoy the view and people who work in this building take an interest in the gardens. I feel that I am making a possitive contribution to their lives as wll as my own. The work does give me enjoyment and a sence of accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment