Tuesday, April 20, 2010

sayCheese Whey

I made my first cheese last week from some goat's milk that I was worried
would go bad. During my "research" I saw a video on cheese making that
suggested one use the leftover whey as the liquid ingredient in their bread.
Seemed like worth a try as the other alternative he offered was to water the
plants. So I used my trusty honey whole wheat bread recipe and used whey
instead of water and I must say the bread turned out better than the cheese!

I was a little concerned that the lemon juice I used to make the cheese, now
in the whey would adversely affect my bread but it did not and I actually
think the bread turned out better. It definately had a different crumb and
the flavor was good. One loaf down, one loaf popped out of the freezer to
eat.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good!
    1 Tbsp of whey in a glass of water helps settle an upset stomach. Tried and true at our house.

    ReplyDelete